VOTE for land development projects!
What are the most important tasks to do now?
Please read the descriptions and make your choice at the bottom of the page.
1. Road. The road to Csobánkapuszta is getting worse every year… And even though we tried to fix the worst parts, we had many broken car issues this summer. The most important would be to dig a long ditch for water drainage alongside a road, and for this we need to hire expensive machinery. It is the most costly development no doubt, but we already collected donations for this, which covers the stone material.
2. Toilets. This summer we could hardly cope with the compost toilet situation, they were totally filled every morning. To avoid this to happen again, we are planning to build one bigger WC block beside the camping area with a much larger pit in the ground.
3. Water. We could develop the system to create more taps for drinking water, more showers, and even open-air hot water tubs.
3. Tiny wood houses. If we need to provide accommodation, and we want something that is a bit more cozy than a tent, little wooden houses could be a good option. We have already built one to see the costs and to test its durability.
4. Community space. Beside sleeping places in order to be able to receive various programs we need an indoor area, where lectures, group sessions or even yoga classes can be held. Such a space would also help us to hold our team meetings in Csobánkapsuzta even in the case of bad weather.
5. Playground. It is a low cost way to create a place for families, sport men, big children. Swings, wooden castle, jungle gym, grand chess board, educational paths, obstacle course, even an outdoor ‘gym’ could be built.
6. Dog Village. We would fence off a larger area with enough shadow and drinking water, toys and obstacles, enough space for running and playing. Small gardens could be inside, where ‘antisocial’ dogs could be kept under appropriate conditions. It could be a plus service especially at larger events.
7. Community Garden. Our chemicals-free garden has been operating since 2014, providing us with healthy food throughout the whole year. This could be expanded and developed with a drip system, zeolite fertilizer, rootstock mushrooms, seedlings. We have enough space for larger agricultural work, if we decide the land could be perfect for growing hemp or willow.
8. Tree planting. From the beginning we wanted to re-cultivate the whole land, and we promised the Founding Members to have their own tree planted in Csobánkapuszta. We did it every year, but to keep our promise we must plant at least a few hundred more saplings.
9. Handicraft Workshops. We could use the existing bases of the old ruined buildings to build small workshop places (eg. wooden carvings, weavers, ceramics, blacksmiths etc.) like a “craftsmen’s street”. This would be the home of the handicraft market during the festival.
10. Solar system. We have a smaller system (1500 W) working for many years, and it proved that solar power is an easy and good-working solution to became off-grid. This system would be expanded with additional solar panels, batteries and inverter.
11. Community music studio. A circular wood building with a playroom, studio and rest rooms. Many of the technical equipment are provided by the local community, as there are plenty of musicians among us. The studio would operate as an open workshop, and by using the international recognition of the festival we could help new talents to the development of their music. This is also a costly project, only the building materials are a big sum.
- Road 24%, 8 votes8 votes 24%8 votes - 24% of all votes
- Toilets 21%, 7 votes7 votes 21%7 votes - 21% of all votes
- Water 15%, 5 votes5 votes 15%5 votes - 15% of all votes
- Tree planting 12%, 4 votes4 votes 12%4 votes - 12% of all votes
- Solar energy 12%, 4 votes4 votes 12%4 votes - 12% of all votes
- Garden 6%, 2 votes2 votes 6%2 votes - 6% of all votes
- Music studio 3%, 1 vote1 vote 3%1 vote - 3% of all votes
- Playground 3%, 1 vote1 vote 3%1 vote - 3% of all votes
- Tiny houses 3%, 1 vote1 vote 3%1 vote - 3% of all votes
- Community space 3%, 1 vote1 vote 3%1 vote - 3% of all votes
- Workshops 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
- Dog village 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes